There is no "one size fits all" approach to selling...
One-Size Sales Methodologies Don’t Deliver
52% of companies report methodology adoption below expectation
High Performers Are Least Likely to Adopt
82% of highest performing reps ignore standardized methodology and process
Frustrated with Bad Sales Conversations
88% of executive buyers don’t hear sales messages that address their situation
Emerging research indicates that focusing on a single methodology is a misguided approach to achieving maximum sales effectiveness. Highly successful individuals – world-renowned surgeons, military leaders, elite athletes, and even your best sales reps – are all keenly aware of the situation they face and the right tactics to execute in different situations.
So, how can you make this an organization-wide capability?
Our Process for Building An "Adaptive" Sales Capability
- Collect and assess existing performance data to establish a statistical baseline
- Internal interviews to gain perspective on situations faced by front-line sales professionals
- Statistical analysis of past opportunities to identify common situations and tactics
- Live workshops with high performers to validate initial situations and tactics
- Uncover additional detail around where (and how) we win and lose
- Identify key messages and tactics for individual selling situations
- Refine initial situations and tactics based on live workshops
- Develop adaptive selling ‘playbooks’ with prescriptive guidance for field sales reps
- Equip managers with coaching messages and insights to reinforce adaptive behaviors
- Blending learning to transfer knowledge and skills
- Provide supporting tools – facilitation and participant guides – to support broader rollout
- Deploy a cadence and structure to address the common situations in the future
- Breakdown common situations into micro-challenges that capture the ‘moment of truth’
- Deploy practice situations through managers and technology platforms
- Integrate situational insights into onboarding, product launch, and other key processes
Ready to equip your salespeople with the skills to effectively handle any situation? Complete the form to the right to schedule a free introductory call with one of our partners.